Hi! My name is Alice Zhang and I am a grade 12 student at William Lyon Mackenzie C.I. This is my blog where I will be writing my thoughts to various prompts given by Ms. Cuttle, my IDC ICT teacher.
Here’s a thought,
“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein
Puns, Puns, and more Puns!
- Don’t trust atoms, they make up everything!
- Did you hear about the guy who invented the door knocker? He won the no-bell prize!
- Why did the farmer promote his scarecrow? Because he was outstanding in his field!
- My grandpa went to the zoo last weekend and said it sucked since there was only a dog there. It was a shitzu…
- What do you call a magical owl? Hoo-dini.
- What do you call a cow with no legs? Ground beef.
- What did the mother cow say to the baby cow? It’s past-ure bedtime.
- What do you get from a pampered cow? Spoiled milk.
- Dolphins have their own signature whistles, composed of a series of clicks and whistles that acts as a name or a call sign. Mother dolphins, during pregnancy, repeat their own signature whistle over and over again to imprint their voice onto their child.
- September, October, November, and December are named this way because they were the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th month of the year, respectively, on the Roman calendar which started in March and ended in February. July used to be Quintilis, the 5th month of the year, and August used to be Sextillia, the 6th month of the year. Then Julius Caesar decided to rename them after him and his nephew, Augustus.
- The four raptors in Jurassic world were Blue, Charlie, Delta, and Echo. Other than Blue, the raptors were named after the phonetic alphabet which goes: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot… and so on until Zulu. This also means that Blue is equal to Bravo (or Beta in squad hierarchy) and Owen is Alpha.
- Can’t remember any more off the top of my head, oh well. For some more Fun Facts, or just something that sounds like it, check out my Fun FAQs right below!
Fun Frequently Asked Questions (AKA, Fun FAQs):
Q: Why did you put so much effort into this page that no one’s going to look at?
A: Because what else would you do at 2AM when you’re dead tired and want to feel productive for once?
Q: Why are you up at 2AM?
Q: So you’re not going to answer the second question?
A: I will when I get to it…
Q: And when will that be?
A: Someday… when the hurly-burly’s done, when the battle’s lost and won.
Q: Let me guess, that will be ere the set of sun?
A: Yup! See ya next time for more fun FAQs . I’m going to regret this later.